"When the environment meets all the needs of children they become,
without manipulation by the adult, physically healthy, mentally and psychologically
fulfilled, extremely well-educated, and brimming over with joy and kindness
towards each other." ~ Maria Montessori
Create A Growth Environment
How we create environments primed for Growth.
- The most important aspect of Community Montessori is our total respect for the learner.
- Children are not “talked down” to or manipulated to obtain results.
- We utilize keen observation and listening skills to guide and support the child/teen’s progression in all areas (socially, emotionally, morally, academically, etc.).
- We are all “teachers” and learners as we collaborate and construct knowledge together.
- Our learning environment provided at Community Montessori differs from traditional education. We allow student learning to occur naturally through movement, ongoing dialogue, and a focus on process.
- Our learning environment is supported by parent/teacher/student dialogue to further understand the student’s individual strengths and interests.